Spuz

Quick Question, Quick Answer Thread.

10 hours ago, Shanglong said:

I have a question how important is hit on weapons here on my last server if you did not have an 80 hit weapon you were at hit nothing in ultimate just wanted to see if it's viable to have low hit weapons in ultimate

There is a great shield called Blue Phantom Field which gives +30 ata and is fairly cheap to buy - I personally don't think you need much hit

Actually i would say: for any weapons you don't use Special Attack you basically need no hit. (like Boondock Saints to deal DMG in doing Normal-Heavy-Heavy)

On weapons with special like charge/Berserk/Demons/etc it's always better to have max hit, but you start hitting a lot better with even 20 hit. so 20-40 hit is a nice average on weapons with special:)

as they said, some of weps don't require so much hit%.

also, only a few enemies got buffed EVP afaik. (i only know Olga Flow phase2 got buffed EVP. and some event monsters.)

I've been having a lot of fun with HUnewearl getting some stuff done. I'm also usually playing in the wee hours of the night, if you want someone to do stuff with. :D

That being said, Ep1 and 2 can be a cakewalk for HUnewearl, in my experience. Ep4 is basically a Force's shooting range. 

25 minutes ago, Shanglong said:

How bad is the dmc here I really want to play a caster force just do not want to here hunters be and rangers saying I am killing there dmg like when someone use heaven punisher special

DMC is still a thing here. I noticed it yet a lot of times. But the DMC here seems to occur less often than on other servers. Which means in team play with randoms it doesnt really matter. But if you do time attacks then black mage isnt the best choice. 

Another aspect is the combination of meele + nuke on a force for solo runs. you can kill resistance weak low hp‘ed mobs with techs. But otherwise on high hp mobs with high resistance you can use demon weapons and then finish em of with techs.

i‘m actually a fan of fomarl since you have great support and highest ata of all forces (really good for demons special). But you have slightley less atp than fomar which means less dmg output

in the end they are basically the „same“

it‘s just up to you what character you like more and which attack animation you prefer

Question on drops...

I have my drops on shared. 

I have been playing for about 20 hours now but I have played pso for years so I am familiar with the way drops work with the ID's and such. However, in my 20-hour journey thus far weapon wise, I have only seen sabers/pistols/canes (90% of the time) and the other weapon drops 10% of the time. Is this normal (on this server) or is it because drops are set on shared? Any input? I have only seen 2 swords, 2 daggers, and 2 rods. I enjoy the hunt but it would be nice to see a partisan drop haha. 

if you are playing on solo, dropstyle doesn't matter. shared is same as regular pso-dropstyle, 1st come 1st serve. individual affects to certain drops from enemy like mats/tech/pds/grinders/rares, you can't see someone else's rare drop (vice versa) but DAR will be lowered and its depend on number of players.

normally there is no point to set shared type.

2 hours ago, VEL said:

if you are playing on solo, dropstyle doesn't matter. shared is same as regular pso-dropstyle, 1st come 1st serve. individual affects to certain drops from enemy like mats/tech/pds/grinders/rares, you can't see someone else's rare drop (vice versa) but DAR will be lowered and its depend on number of players.

normally there is no point to set shared type.

Thanks! I was aware of most of that. My bigger question is it normal to see so many sabers/pistols/canes as drops when first starting out? I have 3 different id's going and yet am not really seeing a mix of weapons as I said. Or is it just terrible luck? 

15 minutes ago, Tizzle said:

My bigger question is it normal to see so many sabers/pistols/canes as drops when first starting out?

yes. but i'm not sure which area/difficulty you are playing. you can't get partisan (and as well as some common weps) type in forest/caves normal. i think you don't need to care your luck so much for common drops :)

1 hour ago, VEL said:

yes. but i'm not sure which area/difficulty you are playing. you can't get partisan (and as well as some common weps) type in forest/caves normal. i think you don't need to care your luck so much for common drops :)

Well that explains it. It's for the variety of combat more so is why I care. Thanks for the answer :)

5 hours ago, Tizzle said:

Question on drops...

I have my drops on shared. 

I have been playing for about 20 hours now but I have played pso for years so I am familiar with the way drops work with the ID's and such. However, in my 20-hour journey thus far weapon wise, I have only seen sabers/pistols/canes (90% of the time) and the other weapon drops 10% of the time. Is this normal (on this server) or is it because drops are set on shared? Any input? I have only seen 2 swords, 2 daggers, and 2 rods. I enjoy the hunt but it would be nice to see a partisan drop haha. 

Sabers, guns and canes are the most common drops for any section id. if you are looking specifically for a partizan, the highest chance to find one is with the id blueful. next would be viridia or pinkal.

57 minutes ago, HHawk4 said:

thank you! ill try blue. and naw im trying for a triple negative 5 stat one :D

haha! Nice. :D I still want a -5hit Twin Blaze... OP 

41 minutes ago, JanenbaDMS said:

This episode 1+2 guide was just posted to Reddit.  Might help?

https://archive.org/details/phantasystaronlineepisodeiiiversusstrategyguide/mode/2up

Thank you sooo much for this Jan. On Page 6 last sentence we have finally confirmation about IQ and Sync affecting mag invince trigger.

These abilities vary per Mag type and the Ods of them happening are affected by their IQ and Synchro

Phantasy%20Star%20Online%20Episode%20I%2

Edited by Howitzer

Hey there. I'm wondering if there's any info on the Gillchich's drop rate from episode 1 ult mines?

I've been doing a lot of one-player mines runs for a while and I am surprised to see a lot of yas 3000r drops. From my experience, a yas 3000r with its vanilla drop rate is quite hard to find. And now it looks too easy than the drop rate made me believe.

Also, may I suggest the staff to look into the Destiny drop tables itself, as I noticed that Gillchich's drop info is missing its entry for both ep1 and 2.

Just wanted to take this opportunity to address this missing info in case it wasn't brought up yet.

Thanks, and take care! =)