Destiny Server Rules
In your exciting travels in the world of PSO, you'll be given the means to provide a fitting name for your character. This is your chance to make a name that will show the world your style and flair (and maybe even tickle a funnybone or two)! This isn't the only naming you'll be able to do, as you can also name your team and s-ranks. While we want you to be creative and love your names, we do ask that you show some discretion and taste in the names you choose.
Some guidelines to keep in mind when choosing a name:
- No racial/ethnic/national based epithets or slurs
- No sexual or violent references or terms (extreme or otherwise)
- No vulgar or obscene language.
- No harassing or defamatory references to players, Destiny PSOBB, or Destiny PSOBB Staff.
- No advertising of other games, websites, companies, organizations, private servers, or other non-DestinyPSOBB related entities.
- Gibberish or nonsensical words
There are a variety of ways that we can punish players who break these rules, and these include a warning, forced team dissolvement or character recreation, suspension or a temporary/permanent ban.
Trading of in-game items, accounts and Donation Tokens.
- Buying, trading or selling of accounts for in-game compensation or other compensation outside of the game is not allowed.
- Buying or selling items, accounts, and Donation Tokens for money or other compensation outside of the game is not allowed.
- Promoting/advertising the buying or selling of items, accounts, and Donation Tokens for money or compensation outside the game is not allowed.
When you are involved in one of the above matters, you will be permanently banned from our servers. Should you incur any loss as a result of out of game trading or trading for real life money, Destiny PSOBB is not responsible and will not support or investigate these transactions. The data and information on the game servers is the property of Destiny PSOBB and cannot be bought or sold without the explicit written permission of Destiny PSOBB.
To provide players with a better gaming environment, Destiny PSOBB will severely punish all players found to be responsible for stealing an account. Players may also be punished for purposely allowing an account to be hacked, falsely claiming an account to be stolen, or assisting in the theft of an account. Destiny PSOBB also reserves the right to pursue legal action in these cases, and may investigate how they choose. Players may be asked to provide specific information while an investigation for account theft is ongoing.
Your account is where your characters, game items, and any other data are stored. Someone with the password for an account is free to access characters, inventory, and all other aspects of your account information. If someone logs into an account using the valid password, changes made to the characters or account information may not be reversible, nor is Destiny PSOBB liable for any damage that occurs.
Harassment and Abuse
While you play PSO, whether in public chat (lobbies or rooms) or any other means, harassment is not allowed. This includes both clear and implied language, as well as languages other than English.
Harassment and abuse includes:
- Vulgar language and obscenities.
- Slander, defamatory speech, insults, or flames against players or Destiny PSOBB staff.
- Subjects of an extremely sexual or violent nature.
- Racial, ethnic, or national slurs and symbols.
- Slurs or insults relating to sexual orientation.
- Speech involving negative references/portrayals of major religions or religious figures.
- Releasing real-life information or threats involving violence outside of the game world.
- Slandering or encouraging negative views or actions against players, the game, or company, in Destiny PSOBB, our website, or forums.
- Spamming of chats, public or otherwise, which can be defined as excessively repeating the same or similar phrases, symbol chats, incoherent text or gibberish, or repeating the same speech more than once in a short time.
- Impersonating system announcements/GM/Destiny PSOBB staff to scam or harass others in or outside the game.
- Promotion or advertising of non-Destiny PSOBB related games, businesses, organizations, or websites, including other Phantasy Star Online private servers.
While playing on our servers, you may not defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
If someone tells you to leave them alone, back off, or in any other means requests you to cease contact, leave them be. Ignoring such requests will be treated as spam or stalking and has consequences.
Daily quests are a unique psobb feature invented by Destiny PSOBB. It was created to reward players for playing, sometimes, unknown and forgotten quests. Each day a random Daily Quest is picked, and during that quest only, special Daily Crates drop which can be opened to receive a reward. Since all monsters in that specific quest have a chance to drop a crate, all you have to do to participate is load up the current Daily Quest and slay monsters. Ultimate difficulty yields a more valuable crate.
You can obtain one crate per account per day. Dual logging in this mode is NOT allowed, nor is farming crates with more than 2 accounts per player per day. In other words, getting 3 or more crates is NOT allowed. We can find out and there will be consequences. More about dual logging rules can be found in the section "Multi Logging and Multi Clienting" below.
The droprate changes based on the amount of active players playing the quest. More players means a better rate. Even if you've already received your crate, you can still help others. They will get their crate faster.
Ultimate (Phantasmal Crate)
Third party programs, Cheats, Bots, Hacks, and Client Editing
Are NOT allowed. A 3rd party program is any file or program not contained in the official game client or software, used to gain an advantage or benefit in the game. This includes, but is not limited to, programs or devices that allow the ability to automatically aim at specific targets, increase speed, visual range, automate leveling and progression in the game, or to manipulate the data between your computer and the servers, among others. Not only are these programs not in the best interests of the game or community, they can often cause unwanted effects to the game or contain harmful viruses or keyloggers. If caught, you run the risk of losing your items, character, or account, without second chance. Understand that our systems automatically analyze the playerbase for any suspicious behavior.
This includes, but is not limited to:
- Using, distributing, or promoting the use of bots, hacks, cheats, or other 3rd party programs that alter the game-play or provide functions or advantages not available in the official client. This includes item and memory readers not officially supported by Destiny PSOBB. We do not allow those, and will take action if you decide to use them anyway.
- Use of macros or outside devices that would allow automation of your character, or allows functions not available in an unmodified client.
- Editing the game client or memory in any way. For example, by adding or removing files from the official client, changing settings through editing game files, manipulating monster/player/item stats, editing the GUI, etc...
- Skins/texture swaps (i.e. items, areas, monsters, characters)
- 3rd party programs officially offered by Destiny PSOBB.
Abuse of In-game Bugs or Exploits of Game Features
Abuse of in-game bugs or exploits of game features, which would include any actions or activities not intended by game design, which can affect the economy, the client, player characters, or the community. These types of exploits and abuse can have an enormous impact on the game and the enjoyment of the players. As such, we take these issues seriously, and will not hesitate to take necessary action against those choosing to partake in this behavior.
These things include, but are not limited to:
- Bugs or exploits performed accidentally (without reporting), intentionally, maliciously, or repeatedly.
- Damages caused to characters, game-play, game economy, or service of the game.
- Abuse of game mechanics and systems or promotion/advertising of said bug/exploit.
- Spreading, utilizing, or causing game bugs.
Reporting potentially harmful bugs, glitches or exploits may result in a reward if Destiny PSOBB Staff sees fit.
Multi Logging and Multi Clienting
Multi Logging or Multi Clienting is when an individual controls several game clients at the same time on one or multiple machines, from now on referred to as Multi Logging. While it is generally allowed to have multiple clients open, some uses are considered fraud and harmful for the community or economy.
Multi Logging is ALLOWED for:
- Hosting games for section ID purposes.
- Transfering items between accounts and banks.
- Trading with multiple accounts in the same game.
- Playing splitscreen with others in the same building.
Multi Logging is NOT ALLOWED for:
- Farming or hunting where the player controls two or more accounts simultaneously, resulting in increased drop chances and efficiency.
- Leveling multiple characters at once.
- Abusing mechanics and systems that are designed to yield different rewards directly connected to the amount of players in the game.
- Anything not specifically described as allowed.
We will not hesitate to take action if you are Multi Logging for any unintended purposes.
A scam is defined as the act of acquiring items or accounts from another person through deceptive, deceitful, or fraudulent means. We do our best to provide secure means to trade and play without worry, but you may come across other players who may try to trick or cheat you while trading or through other means.
This can include promoting fake websites that advertise free items or accounts in-game, installing hidden viruses from unofficial or dangerous websites and programs, players asking to "borrow" your accounts or items by promising to upgrade them, or players impersonating Destiny PSOBB Staff threatening action if you don't give them something.
If you are scammed in the game, you should contact a GM to report your case. While we cannot guarantee full reimbursement in all cases, we will do our best to verify your case and assist you as we can.
In order to prevent players from carelessly trading or playing without regard to their account and item security, we cannot accept all scam cases submitted.
We encourage our players to always take steps to protect your accounts and items while enjoying the game.
- Be sure to always verify what you are trading with other players. Some players may try to act like they are lagging or constantly change the items around. Always double check the trade box before confirming. Buyers, beware!
- Do not take part in trades over different servers or games.
- Be sure to keep your account and items safe by not sharing them with others. In the digital world, you should never trust someone you don't really know with your hard earned items and characters. Never give away something that you aren't willing to lose.
- Keep your account information and password secret, and do not share it with others.
- Real Destiny PSOBB Staff will never ask you for items or currency, or promise to give you aid for you to give up items or account information.
Should a GM contact you in-game, they will always have a blue, red, or purple name. This is the best way to be sure you're speaking with a real GM, and not someone just impersonation one. Should anyone claim to be a GM without having this unique name, you should report them to us immediately in the reports section in the forums or by messaging a Staff member directly.
You may be contacted by a GM to be asked to cease certain behavior, warned for violations, or possibly about a submitted case. You should always obey GM instructions, and be as cooperative as possible until the issue can be resolved. We do our best to maintain a positive and enjoyable atmosphere in the game, and we hope our players share the same attitude.
We ask that you do not harass or constantly pester the GMs you see in-game or have contact with while handling submitted cases. Excessive use of foul language, begging the GM for items or in-game rewards, abusive messages or petitions, or repeatedly submitting petitions for old/closed cases will not speed the resolution of your issue, and could result in the account being penalized.
Here is a sum-up of the actions which are not allowed:
- Threatening Game Master: Threatening a Game Master because of his or her actions or position as a Game Master.
- Pretending to Have Influence on Rule Enforcement: Pretending to be a Game Master or to have influence on the decisions of a Game Master.
- False Report to Game Master: Intentionally giving wrong or misleading information to a Game Master concerning his or her investigations or making false reports about rule violations.
Failure to comply with any of the above rules may result in penalties against your account, which include, but are not limited to, termination of service.
Destiny Forum Rules
- Flame or insult other members.
- Abuse or encourage abuse of the Reputation, Post Reporting, or Private Messaging Systems.
- Post personally identifiable information (i.e. name, address, email, phone number, etc.)
- Purposely derail a thread's topic.
- Extensively bump threads.
- Post links to phishing sites.
- Post spam.
- Repetitively post in the incorrect forum.
- Openly argue with a Moderator, Administrator, or otherwise Destiny PSOBB Staff Member. Contact the Staff Member via a private message.
- Share your account. Forum accounts are intended for the use by one person.
- Create alternate, backup, or multiple accounts.
- Publicly post or otherwise share PMs with other users unless you have the expressed permission of the sender to do so. Private Messages are intended to be just that - private.
The following topics are strictly off limits, including in external links:
- Porn, gross stuff, or anything else not safe for work
- Piracy, warez, leaked content
- Cheating, hacking, game exploits
- Threats of violence or harassment, even as a joke
- Posting copyrighted material
- Soliciting, begging, auctioning, selling, advertising, referrals
- Racism, discrimination
- Drugs, alcohol
- Religious, political, and other “prone to huge arguments” threads
Failure to do so may result in a ban.
Let the Forum Moderators do the moderating. Backseat Moderating is when people who are not Moderators try to enforce the forum rules. Whenever you see a person breaking the rules, take advantage of the "Report" button. Or simply IGNORE the offensive post(s) or thread. Backseat moderating is annoying, and pointless.
Report Post to the Moderators
Should you observe a fellow forum member breaking these rules please report the post by clicking the Report button or feel free to contact any of the Forum Staff.
The market section is intended to discuss trades for in game items, currency and Donation Tokens. This section is for trading only. If you are selling items, start your topic title with "S>", and when buying, start with "B>".
In the market section, you are allowed:
- Up to 5 active trade topics at any given time.
- To bump one trade post per day.
You are not allowed to:
- Derail trade threads
- Rant or publicly express your opinion about prices
- Post in a trade topic without actual intention of trading
These actions will be considered spam and can result in action against your account, or in the very least a warning. Respect the topic starter. Each player has the right to trade as they see fit, and ask/offer any price as they see fit. If you think they act unfairly, it's a good idea to send them a Private Message to explain your thoughts in a friendly and respectful manner or, if you feel the trade is violating any rules, report the post.
When auctioning items, start your topic title with "A>". You are allowed up to one active auction at any given time.
For each auction, it is required to:
- Set a start bid
- Set an end date
Don't auction items you're not willing to sell for the start bid. If the auction ends, the item goes to the highest bidder, period. If you auction items you don't have, refuse to trade the item for the highest offer, bid items or currency you don't have, back out after end date is due, it is considered scamming, or in the very least spam.
Teams are dedicated forum sections controlled by team leaders and assigned moderators, intended to be a hangout of sorts for teams in the game. Anyone that runs a team in PSO is allowed to create a team on the forums. You have two choices when creating a team:
- Open Team: Everyone can see the team and its posts, but only members can participate. Everyone can join.
- Closed Team: Everyone can see the team and who's in it, but only members can see posts and participate. Users need to ask a leader to join.
Content posted in closed teams is supposed to stay private and it's not allowed to link, share, discuss, or leak team topics, posts or any other content from a closed team.
You may upload your team flag (or rather a HD version) and a cover photo, but keep it clean and respectful to others.
User ranks are based on reputation earned. Here are the ranks and their differences:
0 rep: Member
Inbox space: 40 messages
Allowed likes per day: 5
Limited access to the ideas & suggestions section. Members can see and discuss suggestions and ideas posted by themselves.
100+ rep: Contributor
Inbox space: 60 messages
Allowed likes per day: 10
Full access to the ideas & suggestions section. Contributors can participate and discuss all posts and topics.
300+ rep: Legendary User
Inbox space: 80 messages
Allowed likes per day: 15
Full Access to the ideas & suggestions section. Legendary Users can participate and discuss all posts and topics.
Notice: Administrators/Moderators/Staff reserve the right to change/edit/delete any content at any time if they feel it is inappropriate.
Destiny PSOBB reserves the right to change these rules at any time.