Magic

XMAS Event 2017

XMAS 2017!
5a3e4b4fd87b0_PSOBBDESTINYXmas2017.jpg.98593e19907e6a8dbab9e19a37692719.jpg

Merry Xmas from Destiny!

We prepared a nice little event for y'all.

Saint Rappies
The saint rappies are roaming around, dropping Christmas Presents that contain various mag cells.

Xmas Theme
Special thanks to @Shiva for an amazing Xmas theme, including an awesome festive chair and winter atmosphere throughout ragol.

Phantastic Bazaar & Xmas Catastrophe
Merchants from across the galaxy have gathered for a bazaar. With this Xmas Event, we are also proud to announce the release of a NEW shop quest: The Phantastic Bazaar. You can exchange Photon Drops for various exotic and wanted items. Special thanks to @Orgodemirk!

Xmas Catastrophe is available for the entire duration of the event and can be used to easily obtain materials.

Phantastic Bazaar can be found in episode 2 under shop, Xmas Catastrophe can be found in episode 1 under VR.

Photon Tokens & Presents
For the duration of the event, all monsters in Ragol have a chance to drop presents and Photon Tokens.

Photon Tokens
Photon Tokens are a new item that can be used to add hit to weapons by speaking to Paganini in the new Phantastic Bazaar quest.

Christmas Presents
These special christmas presents can contain:

• limited edition xmas themed apparel
  • Type Weapons with special
  • Yasminkov 9000m with special
  • One of 3 new weapons added to the game. 

Notes

• Presents and Photon Tokens drop the same way as crates, individually and share the same droprate.
  • No daily limit, and all monsters have a chance to drop a present or Photon Token.
  • It's not allowed to farm these items with multiple accounts at the same time.

Special Xmas hunts

We've added 3 new exclusive weapons to the game:

image.png.cb02251403c9f7676646375e82bf6a12.png

Skyfall (Dark Falz: Viridia, Greenill, Skyly)
"A legendary cane that boosts support abilities."

• Staff Type
  • Boosts Shifta, Deband and Resta range by 300%
  • Randomly casts Foie, Barta, or Zonde (Lv11)
  • 50% of TP cost is taken from HP
  • Force only

image.png.d1e7fef9b3b25303298dd1d77121ada1.png

Eternal Night (Dark Falz: Bluefull, Purplenum, Pinkal)
"Two mythical blades sail through the night, spreading fear and terror."

• Dagger Type
  • Hits 3 targets
  • Charge special
  • Hunter only

image.png.3ca8676d16f6c09e1a9b950831cd7863.png

Christmas Spirit (limited edition Xmas only!) (Dark Falz: Redria, Oran, Yellowboze)
"It's that special time of the year. Time to spread the love!"

• Shot Type
  • Launches a volley of 3 candy canes per shot
  • Spirit special
  • Ability to hit moving/flying targets without missing
  • Hunter/Ranger

PGF
Don't have a dark weapon yet? Now is the time to hunt the most precious combine item in PSO. The droprate for Parasitic Gene "Flow" has been lowered to 1/146 for the duration of the event.

x5 XP & Free Section ID 
For the entire event!

Enjoy and MERRY XMAS!!!

image.png

2 hours ago, Mizalie said:

I recognize those swords. Where'd you get the Dark Cloud model from?

I didn't make the skin, so no idea. Glad you like them! 

Now I don't want to be a spoil sport and I totally dig having another event, but there's something that bothers me.

Remember the HUD skin from Halloween event? There were some issues with how they were designed, and I'm afraid you've done it again.

When you take damage in PSO, your HP bar will turn red briefly for the amount of damage you took, so you'll always notice when you took some BIG damage even if you don't look directly at your HP bar because you will certainly see that big chunk of red colour in your peripheral vision. With the Halloween skin, your actual HP was shown in a muted shade of green making it hard to see. Now with the current skin, while the HP bar colour itself seems fine, both TP and HP bar have a huge red stretch of colour beneath them, again resulting in a somewhat difficult colour combination.

The repeating colour gradient in the game menus (weapon/item list etc.) also is somewhat eyestraining.

Please don't take this the wrong way, you've done awesome stuff so far with the server and I have a lot of respect for you guys but please try to make the skins a little more eye-friendly.

1 hour ago, Socko said:

Please don't take this the wrong way, you've done awesome stuff so far with the server and I have a lot of respect for you guys but please try to make the skins a little more eye-friendly.

Or make custom event HUD's optional for use.

3 hours ago, Socko said:

Now I don't want to be a spoil sport and I totally dig having another event, but there's something that bothers me.

Remember the HUD skin from Halloween event? There were some issues with how they were designed, and I'm afraid you've done it again.

When you take damage in PSO, your HP bar will turn red briefly for the amount of damage you took, so you'll always notice when you took some BIG damage even if you don't look directly at your HP bar because you will certainly see that big chunk of red colour in your peripheral vision. With the Halloween skin, your actual HP was shown in a muted shade of green making it hard to see. Now with the current skin, while the HP bar colour itself seems fine, both TP and HP bar have a huge red stretch of colour beneath them, again resulting in a somewhat difficult colour combination.

The repeating colour gradient in the game menus (weapon/item list etc.) also is somewhat eyestraining.

Thanks for a really clear explanation. After playing with it for a while I agree that the HP bar is hard to play with. We'll work on an improved version and have it updated. 

Updated the HUD with more clear HP bars while still maintaining a festive atmosphere.

On 25-12-2017 at 11:46 AM, NDW said:

When is the last day for this event?

Not really decided but anywhere between January 13 and 20

Increased Present droprate by 20% and Photon Token droprate by 30% for the remaining of the event.

2 minutes ago, Magictrick said:

Increased Present droprate by 20% and Photon Token droprate by 30% for the remaining of the event.

Woo