auroreon

Game Crashes every 1-3 minutes

Hey all, I am new. While the game work for me, my brother has not be able to play for more than a few minutes before the game suddenly crashes.

We added the game's .exe files to the exception list of the antivirus and made sure the game is up to date. He's using the same internet as myself too.

This seems to be an unresolved issue because the  post below mentions it and despite their efforts, a solution did not seem to be reached: 

Please advise on any tips! Thanks we look forward to playing together.

Change your Windows Operating System’s Data Execution Prevention settings. You can find your current setting by going to the Windows Control Panel -> System -> Advanced System Settings -> “Performance” Settings -> “Data Execution Prevention” tab.

Select “Turn on DEP for essential Windows programs and services only” or add an exception for PsoBB.exe

if you select the launcher instead it will fix nothing. it must be the psobb.exe file

Thanks I will try this.

If that fails, is there anything else I can do?

Edited by auroreon

guessing all went well. but there are other things that can be causing the same thing.

1. missing data files

2. inconsistent model and texture files

resolution: copy files from a backup folder or re-install game

Hey, this is the brother. My game is still crashing and more quickly, after a total reinstall. Disabled antivirus as well. It happens at any point after log in and some times during character select no matter what account is used to sign in.

Are you playing on wifi?

The person in the mentioned post never reported back if the issues were resolved after moving his laptop closer to his router and didn't test with a cable. 

WiFi can cause instability for pso in some cases. The pso client doesn't handle packet loss very well and simply crashes.

Playing on Ethernet with good internet, and I almost never have connection issues from other more demanding games.

It is now starting to crash after login before the game starts

Edited by thewarden

Moving from wifi to LAN did not resolve the issue. The update after an event ended fixed it, but now with the Halloween event in full swing, I am back to having the same issue.

can you run the launcher as admin , then go into options and try several resolution settings  also try in windowed mode and full screen