DreamCastTwo

Disconnecting when using bank in mission

As the title says,

I just started on this server earlier this week, for the past couple days I have had this issue where i DC when using my bank while in mission a bit often. maybe 4 times or 5 time now.
I enjoy playing on this server so if there's a fix I would like to know! would hate to jump ship this early because of this issue.

Thanks for the report.

Please provide:

• your guildcard
  • the quests you have this issue in. If possible, it would be very helpful if you can provide a list of all the quests you played and the order you played them in, as best as you can remember.

Thank you!

My guild card is redia,

I do not remember all the quests I've played, or in what order

I've mostly been doing the extermination quests and disable the defense quest in the forest.

the last one i got DC'd from was Harmony of Despair part 1

No, Redria is your section ID. Your guildcard is the number that starts with 42. You can find it ingame by going to menu > chat > guildcard > my card. You can also find it online by logging into the account panel with your PSO username.

When we have your guildcard we can check the logs and see what's causing the disconnects.

About the quests, have you played any government or 1 player mode quests?

Sorry I misunderstood 42008019

I havent played on player one quests, and i don't believe ive played any government quests, i mostly only play on episode one if that helps too

I've checked it out. I can see 5 disconnects all related to depositing meseta. Somewhere the amount of meseta in your client is desynced with the meseta the server thinks you have.

For now just keep playing, there's not really any danger. I will improve the logging on this so that in the future if it happens again we get more info.

If it happens again try to remember what quest it is exactly and what you were doing at the time. (e.g. sold items to shop, obtained quest reward, etc)

Lastly, to minimize the chance of these things happening, after a few hours of playing make sure to go back to the lobby and select transport > change block > block 1. This will "reload the block" essentially and makes sure you're 100% synced with the server. Desync has always been a big issue in PSO, and while we fixed 99% of it, some desync can sometimes still occur after a few hours of play. 

I hope that was useful so far, and glad to hear you're enjoying your time here!

psobb in general you can also disconnect yourself if you add or remove items too fast.  ive done it a million times.

1 hour ago, wade1212 said:

psobb in general you can also disconnect yourself if you add or remove items too fast.  ive done it a million times.

thats for sure , I do it often when taking items out of the bank really fast

So far I can't reproduce a disconnect with fast banking. Even with an autoclicker, depositing 30 items per second and then withdrawing them at the same speed, doesn't dc me (on live server). If anyone can send me a clip of dcing from banking too fast (in a fresh room, fresh block) I'd love to see it. It's possible you guys have better ping than me.

In the meantime, my theory is that there's still unfixed item desync somewhere else, probably in certain quests, and when depositing the last item in your inventory the server thinks you're depositing meseta instead of an item. Edit: Nvm, tested, not possible.

Either way, I'll keep looking into it.