Wrath

I need your help..

So im a 17 year old who suffers with really bad insomnia, on a college night im going to sleep at 6am, waking up at a little passed 8am and missing my classes. I will then take that 2 hours sleep and that will fuel my body till the next day where the cycle repeats for days on end.

Many of you guys on here that know me somewhat will know that ive been trying to combat insomnia for years, to no avail.

Im just looking for any unique tips and tricks to help me with my insomnia. Im asking here because i have no where else to look. All internet research has been tested and it really doesnt seem to have any advantages. 

Maybe some of you have had similar issues and could share your thoughts. 

~ Thanks Wrath 

It's tricky to give advice on this online really - is there anything you doctor can prescribe you?

From my very limited experience I find using f.lux (if youre on windows) can help if you're on the computer a lot like I am. It's free, and it reduces blue light throughout the day. https://justgetflux.com/ 

Exercising in the day can help your body naturally feel tired too. Also I find drinking lots of water throughout the day helps me feel more awake in the day.

I hope you get the right help for it + find something that works for you :) 

edit: You might have heard all this before but this was interesting: 

Edited by piv

The video was very interesting, i have indeed heard most of it before. Thank you for all the advice and help. I will try some of the things you and the video mentioned. Hopefully i can get my sleep back on track :/

How much are you eating? If you're not eating enough or the right kind of food, it's a recipe for hypoglycemia which leads to insomnia.
Also, don't try to stack a whole day's worth of food before bedtime just because you haven't eaten throughout the day.

You may not notice at first because your body will be fueling off adrenaline.
However, not sleeping enough eventually leads to hormonal imbalances and all sorts of related issues.

Well i tend to skip breakfast quite a bit, im also not eating lunch on tuesdays because of my college schedule. Sometimes my class does not go to lunch because of my teacher rushing us through class content. So what im eating and when is a bit up in the air.

There is your answer. 
As a student, it's also important you take care not only of your studies, but also of your health.

How you'll go about fixing this is up to you. 
Do note that the daily caloric requirements go higher if you sleep less and/or don't sleep regardless of what you do with that time.

Daily caloric intake is more important than controlling when and how often you eat.
However, your body still has to digest the food before you can benefit from it, so it's generally recommended to space out meals whenever possible.

Appreciate the help and advice, it means alot to have somewhere as kind a community to go to when you got troubles. I will try out all these different things to see if i can try get on top of this :D