ScottAW

Game constantly crashes

So I cannot stay in the game now longer than maybe 3 minutes. I have added everything I needed to in the DEP settings. I have whitelisted the entire file and allowed everything through my firewall. I have tried turning off my firewall to try and run the game. I have tried altering all to settings in the launcher to see what would and would not play on my laptop. I have run compatibility tests on the launcher and tried all of the settings it will allow me to select. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled several times. I would like to find out what else I could possible do to make the game function.

Only crashes when u r ingame?

do u run a browser in the background? And if so, do u have a page like discord for example open which gives a sound everytime u get a message? Pso can be really weird with this kind of stuff

I used to run Discord back when it would crash once or twice randomly, then it would work just fine for the day. Now it just crashes on its own. It doesn't matter if I have anything else open or not.

try testing this one here:

btw, what OS do u have?

Also, u play in fullscreen or window mode?

Are you using phone net or a VPN?

And are you crashing mostly during room loading, during teleporting/warping, or randomly?

One thing you could try right now is turning off "advanced effects" in the launcher options. It has helped some people in the past with crashes happening during warping.

I do not run advanced effects already. I randomly crash at any point to anything or nothing. My OS is Windows 10 v1903. I do not play full screen as my computer won't load it at full screen. I can run the game on 1366 x 768, 640 x 480, and 800 x 600. Everything else doesn't work. I have also tried turning off music and sounds, all three fog effects, frame skip is on auto,  low res texture, V-sync doesn't work, and colors at both 16 and 32 bit. Graphics are turned all the way down as well.

1 hour ago, ScottAW said:

I do not run advanced effects already. I randomly crash at any point to anything or nothing. My OS is Windows 10 v1903. I do not play full screen as my computer won't load it at full screen. I can run the game on 1366 x 768, 640 x 480, and 800 x 600. Everything else doesn't work. I have also tried turning off music and sounds, all three fog effects, frame skip is on auto,  low res texture, V-sync doesn't work, and colors at both 16 and 32 bit. Graphics are turned all the way down as well.

Try this:

Frame Skip 0 and Auto Frame Skip off

Low Res Texture off

V-Sync off

Colors 32 bit

Fog Effect Pixel

Advanced Effect off

If its still not working, set UAC to lowest and try different resolutions.

My guess is your internet connection isnt stable.

Edited by Howitzer

1 hour ago, ScottAW said:

Also I run off my own wifi not off of my phone so I guess a VPN.

A VPN means the connection is routed through a service to hide your IP address and/or spoof a different location. Pso doesn't like these. However, if you're just running off your home network wifi, you're probably not using one. 

If you're using wifi, can you test if you experience the same issues using a network cable instead?

Well, pso is really picky regarding connection. Unstable wifi (even for a split second) can cause issues. 

As you don't have a cable handy your best bet is probably moving the laptop as close as possible to the router. Like literally 1-2 meters and see If that improves the stability.