Sign in to follow this  
Magic

Launcher Update & Halloween Theme

Better late than never I guess.

The launcher has been updated to allow for temporary themes related to the events. After the event PSO returns to normal.

Big thanks to @Shiva for creating this amazing PSO halloween theme. 

Check it out ingame!

If you use custom skins read this:

There is a new folder in your destiny installation called /destiny. If you had any custom skins installed (for example hud or forest skins) that are affected by the event theme, you don't need to take action. The files are safely backupped in /destiny/backup. After the event, your data folder is restored exactly the way it was. If you want to be extra sure, you can always backup the /backup folder or backup your /data folder before applying the update. DO NOT DELETE any file from /destiny folder or the restore process might fail. 

I like the idea of having seasonal skins, but I want to add a suggestion as far as design is concerned.

When you play PSO, you'll generally focus your eyes on the middle area of the screen. With the regular skin, you could still roughly see your HP bar in peripheral vision ("out of the corner of your eye" so to speak) and would know whether you'd have to take a mate without having to actually move your eyes to that upper left corner.

However, I've found with the current Halloween skin, it is pretty hard to see due to the way this portion of the HUD is designed: the HP bar is less visible due to having a darker colour as well as it being subdued by the brighter surrounding white graveyard sky.

Maybe in future you could take this into consideration when designing the HUD?

Best regards,

Socko

Edited by Socko

By the way, nice nod to Final Fantasy 6 in the customize screen - that small sprite circling the palette selection is the ghost, isn't it?

(also, the weapon "Tiger's Fang & Dragon's Claw" ... surely a tribute to Sabin/Mash from the same game?)

Edited by Socko