Magic

About Anniversary items

About Anniversary items  

30 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. What would you like to see happen with new Anniversary items after the event?

• Items released during Anniversary should be unobtainable forever.
    • Items released during Anniversary should come back later at a much lower droprate.
    • Items released during Anniversary should have alternatives released later that are less powerful but almost as good.
    • Items released during Anniversary should be unobtainable forever, but cosmetic only.

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/03/24 at 10:00 AM

Our anniversary items have always been limited, obtainable only during the event. Intended as a valuable reward for players who played on Destiny PSOBB for a long time that increase in value over time.

While some of them are considered meta, there are decent alternatives to these items available that are obtainable year round. Yet we constantly receive the request from players to bring the old items back. While we're not going to do that, what we can do, is change the way how new anniversary items are handled from now on.

The goal of this poll is to get input from the community on how you'd like to see future anniversary drops handled. The result of this poll is not binding, but we will take it heavily into consideration moving forward with Destiny PSOBB Anniversary events.

And as always, a huge thanks to all players who participated in our Anniversary events over the years <3

Note: One vote per person. If we detect fake votes by using multiple or dummy accounts those votes will be removed and there may be consequences. 

i wouldn't keep older anniversary items unobtainable it is imo unnfair against people who just found the server and never have a chance to get/farm these items.

put a 2 or 3 year lock behind older one's and put them in seperate crates that are drop able at current anniversary events or add a seperate Event named return event or something like that where u can return back crates with stuff from anniversary 1st and 2nd items. 

While I understand where you're coming from, I'm afraid our decision is firm in that regard. Back when they were created we made them unobtainable. Was it a good decision? Maybe, maybe not, but we won't go back on our word and suddenly make them obtainable in one way or another. Like I said before, the anniversary items aren't essential even for endgame play, there are plenty of high end alternatives available that are either almost as powerful or better even. 

Now, if someone really wanted to, they could still save up and trade for one. While they're limited in supply, there are still plenty of people who have them and are willing to sell them (albeit for a high price). Fun fact I personally still have a bunch of whitill 2nd Anniversary wings in my player account (yes I actually play too) that I hunted back in the day and I plan to give these away eventually.

Anyways, again, our stance is firm on this one. If the majority thinks it was the wrong decision to make them unobtainable back then, the best we can do is change how that works from now on. 

In my opinion, anniversary items should always return in anniversary events (the previous ones with a lower droprate, to maintain a considerable value). 

About items that can only be obtained once, well, it's painful to say, but it's a little unfair, as they come in specific missions, and are difficult, having to have a team of 3 or 4 players (final destination ttf), you don't know how much it hurt me not to get the items because I didn't have a team to play with. 

Although my vote will be for the items to return at another time as a continuous drop, I would be happy to know that those who can't get them this year will be able to try next year, or buy in the meantime from another player, making a very rotating market. My fear is that the items on this server will end up having an ending like the previous one I played, where in 7 years I never managed to have 1 pgf, or weapons with hits, due to the values of impractical items, for example (1 pgf cost 300 to 500 dts)

A beautiful example of this is the Christmas Spirit every Christmas we have the chance to catch it, wings of life, valentine wings at the Valentine's Day event, and so on. But anyway, I don't know what the central idea of the server is, giving everyone opportunities or having players with unique characters (which isn't all bad either). Whichever option wins, here will still be the best server.  

PS = magic if you have 2nd anniversary wings sell me one!(desperate emoji here)

PS 2= I couldn't remove the bold text

Edited by gesseluis

This is just my opinion and not our desicion at all.

I personally ok to make 2th~6th anniv items available again. but would make much more harder to get than before, in other word it could be higher-tier prize in End-game contents. which means will be harder than TTFD. ofc, we must not to drop the value drasticaly. I guess there will be another complaint related to the difficulty, though.

If anyone is wanting to get older anniv item but don't want to make big effort, then I do not agree with it.

But for now, if you seriously want to buy past anniv items, I'd recommend you to hunt ton of crates and sell it to veteran platers whos wanting to buy crates, H90+ items etc.

3 hours ago, gesseluis said:

My fear is that the items on this server will end up having an ending like the previous one I played, where in 7 years I never managed to have 1 pgf, or weapons with hits, due to the values of impractical items, for example (1 pgf cost 300 to 500 dts)

I know which server you mean, and I played there too back in the day. We made a conscious effort to not go the same route. On that server, PGF and STA are absolutely essential for proper endgame play and tower over all other items in terms of power. While our anniversary items are slowly approaching the same levels of value, they are really just nice to have brag items if you have everything else already. Not essential ;) That's the key difference. Almost all of the powerful gear here can be obtained for cheap or relative easy hunts.

3 hours ago, gesseluis said:

PS = magic if you have 2nd anniversary wings sell me one!(desperate emoji here)

I don't need stuff, I'll probably end up doing a random number giveaway or something with the condition that only people can participate who don't have wings yet.

My opinion didn't match any of the poll,but my opinion may be similar to VEL's.

1.For example, they could be obtained in mini-events where players play at a certain difficulty level for a short period of time, like the one-week  5th anniversary of TTFD.

2.Alternatively, they can be obtained as rewards for completing end-game content that will be implemented in the future.

This has nothing to do with the topic, but as long as there are items that are nearly impossible to obtain (like custom weapons, or items that only alpha/beta testers have,etc...), there will always be people who say it's unfair.

I'd also like to add that I believe one of the reasons anniversary items are so desirable currently is due to the fact that we haven't had many actual meta items released recently, besides maybe ID halos. We have a ton of insane gear in the works to be paired with the upcoming content update. When that releases, it may be worth a shot to hunt the new items as soon as you can and possibly trade them for anniversary items while they're still fresh and rare. 

I don't know. I feel conflicted by all this. I mean, each one of these choices feels like it'll end up creating a new problem later, and I'm not even sure why that is. I'd assume people are choosing  the event items to make a comeback, out of greed. Can't blame them, that would be my default answer. Well, i guess my response would be this:

Anniversary Events feels like meeting a 'Hildetorr' for the first time playing PSO.

You see one and you're like "Ooo neat! what's that?"

And then you kill it...

And then it drops Meseta, and you're like "Oh...

Guess i'll play 'Black Myth Wukong' or something."

Perhaps only during Anniversary you may add to a Random enemy as a drop that event on 1 id , but with a high drop rate and don't release the enemy name that gives item . Would make community hunt/communicate for a item not easy to obtain.

I think Option 3 (releasing slightly weaker alternatives later) is the best solution

Option 1 is too strict, as it locks new players out and makes the game less motivating for them.

Option 2 would lower the value of anv items, it kinda takes away the spice if the items come back later at a lower droprate.

Option 4 limits creativity, since only cosmetic items would be released, missing out on new mechanics and effects etc.

On 28/09/2024 at 8:59 PM, Magic said:

I'd also like to add that I believe one of the reasons anniversary items are so desirable currently is due to the fact that we haven't had many actual meta items released recently, besides maybe ID halos. We have a ton of insane gear in the works to be paired with the upcoming content update. When that releases, it may be worth a shot to hunt the new items as soon as you can and possibly trade them for anniversary items while they're still fresh and rare. 

OMG!

On 29/09/2024 at 5:24 AM, Retro said:

Perhaps only during Anniversary you may add to a Random enemy as a drop that event on 1 id , but with a high drop rate and don't release the enemy name that gives item . Would make community hunt/communicate for a item not easy to obtain.

nO, PLEASE, DONT DO THAT!!!

Just to clarify, with option 2 "anniversary items coming back with a lower rate" we don't necessarily mean its going to drop from the same enemy as before, or even in the same location as the next anniversary item. It just means it will be a lot harder to obtain than during anniversary when the item is released. Could be anything. Other quest, year round somewhere on the regular droptable, chance as a prize for a certain challenge, etc. It will be obtainable, but nowhere near as easy as during the actual event.

Edited by Magic