Rsnemesis

Primal Nexus Farming Guide

Primal Nexus Farming Guide

My 100th post has to be a guide, of course. B|

Like I always state in my guides, this is mainly for new players or solo players looking to get their hands on new gear at a quick rate.

***The main objective is to always single out the monster you need at the greatest amount possible under a specified time frame.***

These calculations are based on my averages.

Quest: Lost Soul Blade on PINKAL.

Primal Nexus

Roughly 6 minute run
10 runs per hour

3x on Happy Hour - 31/1300
 Per 1 run = 2.39%
23.85% an Hour

2x on Normal - 31/1950 
Per 1 run = 1.59%
15.9% an Hour

*Side Bonus!*

IMMORTAL/HP

3x on Happy Hour = 8/226
per 1 run -3.54%
Per hour = 35.4%

2x on Normal - 8/338
Per 1 run 2.37%
Per 1 Hour = 23.67%

In this video, I demonstrate how I farm this item using this method. /Lobby right where I stop. Rinse and repeat until you get your Primal Nexus.

As always, Happy Hunting! :x

3.thumb.PNG.90de84265136175062ab19addac172b1.PNG

Edited by Rsnemesis

Alternatively you can hunt that on Oran Mine Offensive which is actually faster.

Using your same wording for comparison:

Roughly 4 minutes run
15 runs per hour

3x on Happy Hour - 20/988
Per 1 run = 2.02%
30.36% an Hour

2x on Normal - 20/1483
Per 1 run = 1.35%
20.23% an Hour

And as a Baranz drop, this method can also be used for DVL/DVA farming.

Baranz are a pain in the ass in large amounts and provide an even higher death probability alone or even paired with other monsters. I do like the idea of farming DVL and other Baranz related items through this method, though. My method is based on simplicity and consistency. There are a lot of mobs in the way here, that have an even higher potential to kill you and ruin the time frame I talk about here. The amount of times you come close to death shows this. In comparison, it is less likely to die by a Sinow Blue.

"***The main objective is to always single out the monster you need at the greatest amount possible under a specified time frame.***"

13 minutes ago, Rsnemesis said:

The amount of times you come close to death shows this.

"The amount of times I come close to death" ? Those were all intentional and calculated in order to trigger mag invincibility and gain some time.

If you want I can also record a "safe mode" run in which I will dodge all the missiles and avoid "getting close to death". It will just take longer.

Anyway I only tried to suggest an alternative way to hunt them (as I said in my previous post), so sorry if I offended you.

Thanks for the guide.

18 minutes ago, R-78 said:

"The amount of times I come close to death" ? Those were all intentional and calculated in order to trigger mag invincibility and gain some time.

If you want I can also record a "safe mode" run in which I will dodge all the missiles and avoid "getting close to death". It will just take longer.

Anyway I only tried to suggest an alternative way to hunt them (as I said in my previous post), so sorry if I offended you.

Thanks for the guide.

Don't get me wrong, I love that you took the time to post a video in addition to the guide. It is very helpful. I am just talking in regards to the new players who do not use the invincibility triggers or did not know about it, because I never thought of it. I personally just end up getting killed by Baranz :P  I am not new but have never forced an invincibility trigger but I would like to try it sometime as it seems very useful. I also most likely get destroyed from mainly using the action bar instead of the technique window menu. Thank you for exposing the community to amazing tips and tricks.

I would like to say thank you for this guide. I actually got my Primal Nexus ONLY because of this guide. It took me 3 days and 2 Happy Hours but it is and was SO worth it. I have recently discovered that I can use a Gi-Foie strategy to clear this about as fast if not shave a little time off (if everything goes correctly) More people in search of Primal Nexus and V802 should definitely see this guide. <3

Primal Nexus.png