Arkius

No Sound

Hi all,

So I just went and installed this game on a new PC and I get no sound coming from the game - I have tried to run in compatibility mode Windows 7 and Administrator and it still does not appear in the Sound Settings / Sound Mixer. Fresh install of the game didn't work either.

Any ideas??

Ark

What version of Windows are you running? Do other sounds and games work? Have you previously installed any other version of PSO that could have conflicting settings?

Have you checked the sound options in the launcher to make sure sound is enabled? 

Try checking the "Global Sound" option. If unchecked, sound is disabled when you switch to another program, and that may cause it to disappear from the Volume Mixer. Not 100% sure if that's the case or not though.

Make sure you don't need to scroll left or right in the volume mixer window.

And if you have a separate program to control settings for audio, maybe check there for any Surround Sound options. I've seen those cause issues with PSO before.

Let me know if anything helps or if you need further help with this.

Hi,

Running Windows 10 - May build - All other games play sound correctly and I haven't installed any other versions of PSO.

The sound options including Global Sound are checked - There is no scroll bar for Volume Mixer and I don't have any other programmes controlling audio...

Ark

Do you have multiple sound devices? 

Speakers, Headphones, Steam Streaming Speakers, HDMI output? PSO may be trying to output on a different device. Maybe try headphones or a different output if possible.

Hi I have just tried with headphones and it works through those, just not my main speakers.

I have just downloaded those files again Mylandra and it doesn't work on the main speakers :(

Ark