Gummy

Luck mat and scape doll oddities

So a friend and I were playing and we noticed a couple weird things. First of all, that luck mat is a rare drop. As far as we were aware, luck mats counted towards the same mat counter as power, mind, etc., so why would luck be changed from a normal item to rare? We didn't think luck was that valuable of a stat before.

Secondly, why are you only allowed to have one scape doll both on your person and in the bank? In the original server you could stock up on dolls for particularly difficult missions, but now that is apparently impossible since you can literally only have 2 stocked up. Is this a bug or intentional, and can someone please explain why?

1.luck mat has just redbox skin/yellow txt here. rate is same as vanilla and you can hunt them easily from normal la dimenian. (ep2)

2.it's not bug. only admin knows the reason.

Welcome! :)

Just guessing, but I would imagine the Scape Doll amount limit is to dissuade players from relying on them too much.

Multiple Scapes would be good for me though, as I die on average 3000 times per run (others can confirm this)

Edited by Piv

Ahoy Gummy,

My 2 cent theory about the limitation of Dolls is to fit the philosophy of the majors game changes, like no-knockdown for example.
That amplified feeling of danger while playing is a nice touch to balance the powerful custom gear available.
Also a "Game Over" from time to time (which is not that punitive in my opinion) is a good message to think about a game-plan to complete the run.

And as Obama says...
With great power comes great responsibility             kapp_copie.png

1 hour ago, Piv said:

...I die on average 3000 times per run (others can confirm this)

btw you still owe me 500k spent on moons default_onion105.gif

3 hours ago, Piv said:

Welcome! :)

Just guessing, but I would imagine the Scape Doll amount limit is to dissuade players from relying on them too much.

Multiple Scapes would be good for me though, as I die on average 3000 times per run (others can confirm this)

I can confirm this somehow! The limitation of 1 scape doll per char/bank/common bank was made to make the gameplay diffrent.. to make it a little bit harder ;) same counts for the knock back as @Lipelis mentioned it already. This consists since server release :) But all these changes are definitely compensated through added custom items. Thats the philosophy on how our admin wanted to run the server. ;)

About luck mats. I never played PSOBB on dreamcast or wherever it was playable back in the days, but since i play PSOBB, luck mats were always beeing a red box (also on other servers untill they changed the box skin for them), so I'd say it always have been red boxes? :P

EDIT:

2 hours ago, Lipelis said:

Once i was brave enough to go on an adventure with @Piv (HUct lvl 130 quest: PW4) and had only one moon atomizer on me. I carried piv through this game. @Lipelis this is the way of playing with piv haha, in any other way he wont learn how to survive. ;)

6 hours ago, Lipelis said:

4 hours ago, Shisui said:

Once i was brave enough to go on an adventure with @Piv (HUct lvl 130 quest: PW4) and had only one moon atomizer on me. I carried piv through this game. @Lipelis this is the way of playing with piv haha, in any other way he wont learn how to survive. ;)

Its not my fault, I play PSO using this:

str-shockforce1_1200x1200.thumb.jpg.991427050e6aa32b12b0eef7a99152fb.jpg

22 hours ago, Gummy said:

We didn't think luck was that valuable of a stat before.

On its face it doesn't seem like that big of a deal, until end game anyway. The crit rate at 100 luck is very nice. I'm not sure the % but it is very noticeable. Unless you are a FO then its pretty well no good. :P

18 minutes ago, sciaz said:

On its face it doesn't seem like that big of a deal, until end game anyway. The crit rate at 100 luck is very nice. I'm not sure the % but it is very noticeable. Unless you are a FO then its pretty well no good. :P

100 Luck would be 20% chance of dealing a critical hit 

The formular is "(Luck stat) / 20"

well thanks everyone for the answers and insight. I have to admit, i still don't see how a higher crit rate is worth sacrificing higher base stats, but that's just me :P

1 minute ago, Gummy said:

Different classes have different growth rates, right? This seems to be for only some sort of cast?

5e7a7a2dae442_Capturedecran2020-03-24a22_22_28.thumb.png.18ed6da2ecd4fcadc330fed91fd668ad.png 👀