Piv

Evolving Collection Of PSO Tips & Tricks

Reserved for future post..

Added lots of new discoveries!

edit: thanks Howitzer for the explanation of the Gibbles glitch! - added!

Edited by Piv

10 minutes ago, Piv said:

Does anyone know how glitched gibbles works?

The trick is the wall behind you. If you hit the gibbles a few times, itl try to jump on you and because there is not enough space for it to land (because of the wall), it glitches and trys to jump over and over again xD

Edited by Howitzer

16 minutes ago, Howitzer said:

The trick is the wall behind you. If you hit the gibbles a few times, itl try to jump on you and because there is not enough space for it to land (because of the wall), it glitches and trys to jump over and over again xD

Aaah, thanks @Howitzer - that's awesome xD

willing to add a few more tips on dmc topic.

jellen and zalure have more chance to cause DMC. 

if the game has 2+ players, your trap causes DMC to yourself as well. (for e.g. when you time-FT etc)

i often use no-look shot, especially when i kill 2 morphos in 8-3 within 1 set (with hell striker), when using dark meteor etc. with this tip you can shot more enemies at once without looking at enemy.

reducing PB 'a bit':

stand on area transporter and swing PB wave (dragon sword, TJS etc), then get warp immediately, you can reduce a few PB points and you can get invincible again. with this tip you can reduce PB as much as you want.

about stopping charging delbitur, you can only stop once at beginning, also there are 2 types of delbitur spawn (1)it spawns w/o charging, it charges a few second later (2)it spawns with charging you can only stop type (2).

PS: also Olga flow phase 2 ignores photon %s as well lol

Avoiding Olga Flow form 2 early Divine Punishment

When starting the form 2, Olga is on stand-by during a couple of seconds then starts to look on his left and right... Damage him after the beginning of this animation to avoid an early Divine Punishment attack.

Dealing with Transfer attack from Olga Flow form 2

When Olga turns orange, the only way to damage him is to use a stated weapon with the right attribute, it's randomly chosen between Native, A.Beast, Machine or Dark (or find out the right element with techs). Using wrong attribute/element will hurt the player transformed into Heathcliff Flowen.

Shambertin / Kondrieu / Saint-Milion phase 2 guide

After preferably defeating a red spinner (yellow/green = little time of vulnerability, orange = longer, red = even longer) on phase 1 to break the first 4 tail jewels, you will have to do 4 more. When you multi hit the 4 jewels simultaneously during phase 2, three of them will explode so after the boss runs away towards the center area, you will be able to break the last one.
Since you avoid multiple back and forth fights across the map for each jewels, this is the fastest way to defeat him, so prefer Estlla Photon Blast, multi targets weapons or techs.

Zalure S-Rank Launcher vertical range

With this specific infinite vertical range you can Zalure (lv. 21) enemies above you.
Here are a few examples:
- Olga Flow after his introduction cinematic
- Gal Gryphon when he flies above the players in the beginning of the fight
- Dark Falz form 3 in his landing animation (after Grants)
- Da Ra Lie when he is (or jumps) above the platform
etc

Hitting Gal Gryphon during Thunderbolt with infinite vertical height attacks

Take advantage of the infinite vertical height feature of Dark Meteor and Rathalos Greatsword specials to deal damages to Gal Gryphon while he is up in the sky shooting thunderbolts.

Edited by Lipelis

21 minutes ago, VEL said:

reducing PB 'a bit':

stand on area transporter and swing PB wave

If there is no warp/transporter around its a good idea to burn your PB with switching weapons after the second swing of tjs/dragon sword, so you do normal attack -> special attack and switch weapons quickly to cancel out the PB burn. This way you will only burn 37 PB instead of 44 PB.

That's awesome @Howitzer - added! :D

Edit: after some feedback, the format has been changed to make it much clearer to read :x

Edited by Piv

Added some more info.

Does anyone have any further information of the trigger rate of Gael Giel with max sync?
I've been told with 120% Sync it's around 80% as opposed to the usual 60%.

I was wondering if there are any charts / data that would perhaps say which mags are affected by the sync %?

Hi Piv,

i can tell you by experience that GG mag with max sync definitely has higher invince trigger than Twin wraith for example. I played my whole psobb destiny career with twinwraith because i wasnt a big fan of GG BUT switched to GG for a few months now and i can tell the difference for sure since i play quest like 8-3 and pts alot. This is true for every vanilla mag i think.

Here is a post i recently discovered after you were asking for it.

https://www.pioneer2.net/community/threads/mag-trigger-effects.11621/

according to this post you have a chance up to 95% (60%+35%) with max sync on GG for invince. 95% prty much feels like 100% thats why im so sure about it because one can tell the difference between 60% and 95% even without any data backing it up.

Edited by Howitzer

Thanks Howi :D That's what I was looking for!

I agree - since switching to GG I've noticed triggers everywhere haha.

There is a usefull trick with UDC i want to mention. 

Using normal normal special combo twice in a row reduces HP to less than 12,5% (Df rdy). This way its not just much mo safe, it gives you alot of accuracy and you can hit all 6 special attacks. Downside of it is you reduce HP a littlebit slower than 3x special combo ofc but thats just worth it imo. Its very effective against bosses like sil dragon (you do normal normal special to make it sit and repeat instead of 3xspecial and make it sit on ur face) or Olga flow, first face of it you can hit 12 times total because it has 2 targets. Its also usefull on crowded quest like pts, to be a littlebit more safe and have max dmg output AOE

Camera trick on Morfos & Delbiter

If a Morfos or a Delbiter is out of your vision (camera) both won't target you with lasers. Just set up your camera to enter a room without looking those enemies, if it's done correctly, Delbiters won't target you with long-range lasers (however it doesn't prevent theirs other attacks) and Morfos basically become harmless.
Finally they are some exceptions with setted Morfos shooting whether you look at them or not.

EDIT: oops already posted saaaawrrryyyyyyy 🌝

Edited by Lipelis

Does anyone have any info on which materials drop most for each ID? I have some rough info but it's a little vague. 

Also added some more tips, including a mag feeding time save.

On 08/01/2020 at 12:11 AM, Piv said:

Photon % Glitch On Mini Bosses + Olga Phase 2

Due to a glitch in all difficulties, the enemies Gi Gue, Gibbles, Mericarol, Merikle & Mericus are all unaffected by a weapons photon % attribute. No bonus damage will be added to the calculation, even if a weapon has a 100% boost. This also affects Olga Flow's second form.

Its not a glitch to my knowledge its a game mechanic. I think this was present on Gamecube since EP2 was introduced but I may be wrong and for Olga I think % affects it. he just takes a random weakness even non-invincible but this is just my feeling/observations

Edited by Depassage

3 hours ago, Depassage said:

Its not a glitch to my knowledge its a game mechanic. I think this was present on Gamecube since EP2 was introduced but I may be wrong and for Olga I think % affects it. he just takes a random weakness even non-invincible but this is just my feeling/observations

The second phase of olga flow he can only get hit by the right attribute. If it’s the wrong attribute the player who is heathcliff flowen will take damage. I aswell doub that this is a bug

2 hours ago, Shiva said:

The second phase of olga flow he can only get hit by the right attribute. If it’s the wrong attribute the player who is heathcliff flowen will take damage. I aswell doub that this is a bug

Yes, I was talking when he's on unknown (???) status prior to invincibility my observation saw that he's still weak to a random %  the same way that he's randomly weak to a certain Tech prior to orange form

Ah, interesting about Olga @Depassage :)

I have an idea to test it, by using 4 versions of the same weapon all with different % (the weapon needs non variable ATP - maybe some cheap non rare?) And to do a few Olga runs to see if the attribute is random, or if no % boost will affect Olga. This way to it'll be easy what weapon does more damage :D And yeah, this is Pre Orange mode where he transforms you into Flowen :)

On 30.1.2020 at 11:52 AM, Depassage said:

This also affects Olga Flow's second form

I noticed Olga is more difficult to beat and Vel told me that Olga got buffed here. You deal wayy less dmg on Olga second face (Floor fight) maybe this is what ignoring of attribute % is referring to?

Im not sure BUT we can see the stats of Olga changing here:  http://psobb.epizy.com/database.php?type=5&i=2  (Just search for Olga flow and Olga second Phase)

Olga second phase has same amount of HP, 3k+ more atp and 300 more dfp compared to its first face. So it seems just like a buff but maybe ignoring % is added too, who knows?

HP is close to vanilla, since max HP of PSO enemy is 32767 (15bits), DFP is much more higher than vanilla (vanilla is 1k, destiny is 2k), about ignoring att% thing at olga phase#2, its not added one, vanilla olga#2 has same function.

Added some more info on some topics, also added a few more mags that get extra % for triggers (though nothing beats GG yet)