Magic

About Item Readers & Destiny Reader (Beta)

Hello, very interessting feature, however It does not work for me =( Im on Windows 7 X64 Professionnal SP 1 I did the above steps and  I tried 3 different times when executing the reader. in EP1 or ep 2, nothing appears like the screenshot posted and for some reason the reader icon itself when launched just closed itself and says the Reader has stopped working when I try to click some on it

Edited by Depassage

12 minutes ago, Depassage said:

Hello, very interessting feature, however It does not work for me =( Im on Windows 7 X64 Professionnal SP 1 I did the above steps and  I tried 3 different times when executing the reader. in EP1 or ep 2, nothing appears like the screenshot posted and for some reason the reader icon itself when launched just closed itself and says the Reader has stopped working when I try to click some on it

Do you have .net framework installed? And running as admin?

I do have .net framework 4.7.2 with the last updates until 10 july 2019.

My PC is set as Admin. and I did tried to run the reader as admin when you did reply me

I also have the visual c++ 2015-2019 and most old versions years too

and Im using the ENB Shiva posted for better graphical effects

After using run as admin nothing changed =(

13 minutes ago, Shisui said:

@Depassage my AV first wanted to block the reader. check your AV and whitelist the reader. hopefully that helps :S

I did whitelist the path and the reader process however it didn't fix my issue =(

When a mag is dropped instead of it saying what mag it is it says Monomate and then the level and what stats it is

This is a very cool feature, Magic! It's so nice to not have to run around checking everything, haha, I'll admit that's some of the fun but it really helps a ton.

Whenever I try to open the Destiny Reader when I'm in the game, I get an error in Japanese.  Once I hit OK, the game crashes. The Reader works fine by itself, but of course has nothing to read because the game isn't running.

@Terashi i'm not exactly sure, but sounds like it has to do something with the UAC. try lowering the UAC by one level untill it works (hopefully) :)
lemme know if that worked out for you

I had a similar problem when opening things like joy2key and so on.. theres an easy solution.. in your search bar type in "User Account Control".. open that .. in that window  you can select the option that still lets UAC be active but "does not dim your screen".. that solved it for me

On 8/18/2019 at 1:55 PM, Depassage said:

I do have .net framework 4.7.2 with the last updates until 10 july 2019.

My PC is set as Admin. and I did tried to run the reader as admin when you did reply me

I also have the visual c++ 2015-2019 and most old versions years too

and Im using the ENB Shiva posted for better graphical effects

After using run as admin nothing changed =(

Through some troubleshooting of my own, the item reader seems to not work with Shiva's ENB. With either "d3d8.dll" or "d3d9.dll" in the same folder, the program doesn't work for me. Placing those files into a different folder makes the reader work for me.

I would try this if you haven't figured it out yet, and are okay with using the item reader instead of ENB.

Updated to version 0.8.1.

• Fixed mag names sometimes showing up as monomate.
  • Added support for mag colors.

On 8/30/2019 at 2:26 PM, Kishuna said:

Through some troubleshooting of my own, the item reader seems to not work with Shiva's ENB. With either "d3d8.dll" or "d3d9.dll" in the same folder, the program doesn't work for me. Placing those files into a different folder makes the reader work for me.

I would try this if you haven't figured it out yet, and are okay with using the item reader instead of ENB.

Thanks. I can confirm the reader crashes for me on win10 if those dlls are in the folder. 

Here's the good news: the reader doesn't necessarily have to be in the PSO folder to work. So, for anyone looking to use the reader alongside ENB, a temporary workaround is to place the reader in its own folder somewhere else. The reader is still able to read PSOBB without issue but won't interfere with the dlls.

Here's a screen of it working (on my end at least):

Untitled.thumb.jpg.d179f7b6239e07db44ee43fc30290f34.jpg

On 30/08/2019 at 2:26 PM, Kishuna said:

25 minutes ago, Magictrick said:

Updated to version 0.8.1.

• Fixed mag names sometimes showing up as monomate.
  • Added support for mag colors.

Thanks. I can confirm the reader crashes for me on win10 if those dlls are in the folder. 

Here's the good news: the reader doesn't necessarily have to be in the PSO folder to work. So, for anyone looking to use the reader alongside ENB, a temporary workaround is to place the reader in its own folder somewhere else. The reader is still able to read PSOBB without issue but won't interfere with the dlls.

Here's a screen of it working (on my end at least):

Untitled.thumb.jpg.d179f7b6239e07db44ee43fc30290f34.jpg

Thanks a lot!

I can confirm it working, with ENB if placed in another folder, access to the reader can be even easier by pinning it to the taskbar.

It even works if I close it and open it during gameplay.

Amazing work =DD

Apparently for some users on W10. launching the reader while the game is already launched, does crash the game. Even with added to exceptions on AV and WIn Defender and start as admin.  I noticed 2 cases so far

This is a problem of the UAC settings. They shall try lowering the UAC by 1 level and then retry if the game still crashes. At a certain lvl it wont crash anymore!

I don't really know what this is/does.

Does it tell you every loot drop that will happen on an entire "floor"/level before you clear it, so you know if it is even worth clearing everything?

Or does it show only items/boxes that have dropped, so if you missed something you can go back and hunt it down?

It looks cool either way!

It shows items that have already dropped, for you and everyone in your party.

3 minutes ago, Muckbeast said:

Does it tell you every loot drop that will happen on an entire "floor"/level before you clear it, so you know if it is even worth clearing everything?

Or does it show only items/boxes that have dropped, so if you missed something you can go back and hunt it down?

2 minutes ago, Muckbeast said:

it shows you items that have dropped. that way you can just skip the drops without running over them first. you will also be able to see the attributes of that item if it needs to be tekked.

Just now, Shiva said:

it shows you items that have dropped. that way you can just skip the drops without running over them first. you will also be able to see the attributes of that item if it needs to be tekked.

Ok cool. That's awesome.

Thanks so much for such a quick reply! (I have a ton of other questions about Destiny but am not sure the best place to post. I'm also on the Discord if you happen to be there.)

Two features that could be added to this Destiny Reader would be improvements in my opinion.

-Sound that plays when a rare item drops

For quests with large amounts of enemies, I do not have much time to scan the list. Hearing a sound would be great for when my eyes are glued to the game client window.

Knowing that only 50 items can be on the floor at one time, if  a rare item drops and I do not realize it, then it could disappear. This would be catastrophic for big named items.

This feature is not a huge improvement, but it is nice to have an alert. It takes up few bits of time to look at the list and make sure I did not miss anything while fighting. 

-Filter System that shows items by categories or a manual input sorting list.

I understand that as items drop, they go downward on the list.

I find items like Meseta, blue armors, and orange weapons, are just a clog in the list of things I have to scan for.

Seeing my personalized filtered items, I could then make the reader window a lot smaller and I can play in full screen again.
Because there are so many things I have to look at, I play like this.

destiny_reader.thumb.PNG.108982a3d65a598b387ee14907b6b477.PNG

I wish to hear the communities feedback on these ideas. Please feel free to put your input into a reply on this post.