Shazbot

I don't believe I introduced myself.

It just occurred to me that I never greeted the forum. My name is Shazbot, and I actually started playing this game months ago. (I started the topic asking about trojans in the game files.) I haven't been playing recently because a friend wanted me to play World of Warcraft with her, plus I've been busy with life and stuff. Now, I think it's safe to say WoW has officially bored me, and I won't be going back. 

So now here I am trying to get back into the swing of things. I mostly started this game with a few friends of mine, and we all had a lot of fun exploring it. I especially was tripping giant nostalgia balls, having been around for the Dreamcast but never getting to play this groundbreaking title. I also like the Phantasy Star Universe, and I hope SEGA gets a chance to revisit it, maybe even release PSO2 for the western market? (Incidentally, I downloaded the 65 gigabytes of cheese to play Phantasy Star Online 2, I just lack a working controller to play it, plus I still really like the first game, so here I am.)

I also love multiplayer games that require cooperation and roleplaying, being a D&D nerd IRL as well as a big fan of Monster Hunter. Generally speaking, I'm a support player; I heal, I buff, I run screaming from the front lines. When I'm not the healer, I like to tank; I smash, I peel, I run screaming toward the front lines. From what I understand, this game's Defense stat is completely borked. I took this as a personal challenge, and was researching a method of creating a character with the highest possible Defense so I could go true tank. That idea is still up in the air, as until I hit max build such a character would only hold my party back. (Assuming it works at all, but we'll cross that bridge when we get there.)

My current main is a level 39 FOnewearl named Sub Ubi. If you wanna do stuff I suggest hitting me up on Discord. (Send me a private forum message, I change my Discord name often and at my whimsy.)

Welcome! 

This game definitely requires a lot of cooperation. 

The defense stat is actually fairly important in some areas, but a lot of enemies will do set damage or use techs, so you usually don't want to have much DEF on your mag or use Def materials until you have maxed out more important stats. 

There are some mat plans and calculators available on forums if you're curious about the best way to build your character. 

Hope to see you in game! Let me know if you have any questions! 

Welcome Shazbot :D

If you ever need help feel free to ask me.
I hope you enjoy your stay as much as we do :D
Happy grind