Shiva

Tekker and identifying items

Hi,

this guide will show how tekking can increase and decrease photon efficiencies of (????? weapon's) or ?SPECIAL WEAPON?'s.

Step 1

The text ?SPECIAL WEAPON? or ????? followed by a normal weapon class will be in light blue. ie. ????? Rod, ????? Saber, etc.

Step 2

Once you have an unknown weapon, check in your item inventory to see if it has existing photon efficiencies.

If your unknown weapon does not have any existing %'s then you CAN NOT increase or decrease anything.

Once you find an unknown weapon with %'s in any area (positive or negative) proceed to the next step.

Step 3

Take your weapon to the tekker. He is located in Pioneer 2 beside the 3 shops.

Now here is how you can manipulate weapon %'s (to a certain degree).
Weapon %'s can increase or decrease by 10, from it's untekked value.

For the purposes of this guide, lets say the unknown weapon has 0% Native, 0% A.Beast, 15% Machine, 0% Dark, and 5% Hit.
This can also be written (0/0/15/0/5)
All possible outcomes for this weapon would be this:

(0/0/5/0/-5) *Worst values at -10%
(0/0/10/0/0)
(0/0/15/0/5) *Original Values
(0/0/20/0/10)
(0/0/25/0/15) *Best Values at +10%

If you don't like what values you get the first time tekking, then cancel and try again.

It may take awhile to get the +10%, but it is possible for every weapon. That's really all you need to know.

guide by dj_dan

Don't forget with non-rare weapons the weapon special can go up or down by one level as well. Groups of specials are:

Heat
Fire
Flame
Burning

Shock
Thunder
Storm
Tempest

Ice
Frost
Freeze
Blizzard

Bind
Hold
Seize
Arrest

Panic
Riot
Havoc
Chaos

Draw
Drain
Fill
Gush

Dim
Shadow
Dark
Hell

Heart
Mind
Soul
Geist

Master's
Lord's
King's

Devil's
Demon's

So a Dark Raygun could tekk up to Hell or down to Shadow, for example. This doesn't apply to Spirit, Charge, Zerk specials.

16 hours ago, Orgodemirk said:

So a Dark Raygun could tekk up to Hell or down to Shadow, for example. This doesn't apply to Spirit, Charge, Zerk specials.

Are you sure about down tekking the special? i tekked a lot of hell/demons/arrest rayguns/lasers. and for example if it was hell tekker only showed me the specials dark or hell but never shadow :S

13 minutes ago, Shisui said:

Are you sure about down tekking the special? i tekked a lot of hell/demons/arrest rayguns/lasers. and for example if it was hell tekker only showed me the specials dark or hell but never shadow :S

Its very rare but I had an occurance where the raygun got 2 level of special it started as shadow and after lots of tekking it became hell

1 hour ago, Depassage said:

Its very rare but I had an occurance where the raygun got 2 level of special it started as shadow and after lots of tekking it became hell

I remember having a similar one too, but from hell to shadow

3 hours ago, Shisui said:

If it was Hell before tekking, then there's no going up, so those are the only options. 

3 hours ago, Depassage said:

1 hour ago, Shiva said:

I remember having a similar one too, but from hell to shadow

And in both these, are you two sure what the special was before tekking? They both sound like Dark if it gave Shadow and Hell options. 

1 hour ago, Orgodemirk said:

If it was Hell before tekking, then there's no going up, so those are the only options. 

And in both these, are you two sure what the special was before tekking? They both sound like Dark if it gave Shadow and Hell options. 

As far as I know it should normally only go up or down by 1 for the special. For example from shadow to dark or from dark to hell. Or the opposite.

but not happened here on destiny for me.

barely even picking up stuff 0.0

1 hour ago, Orgodemirk said:

Yes it was shadow im sure i tekk it so much im sure shadow was the starting special