Magic

x5 XP forever

We decided to get rid of ol' x3 and keep x5 XP on forever. x10 XP will be back in future special events. This fits in with our long term goal of an easily accessed PSO endgame. Other related plans for the future include tweaking the leveling curve to somewhat ease the grind involved at lower levels.

If there is actual demand for playing at x1 experience rate, feel free to post your opinion in this thread and we might add a command for that.

Other changes: weapon "Dark Falz Buster" is removed from the drop table and will not return, players that have one currently can obviously still use it but from now on it's officially unobtainable. In place of Dark Falz Buster, Dark Falz will now drop Skyfall and Eternal Night.

edit: XP boost is changed as well, now also boosts XP to x10.

I'm happy with the permanent x5 exp...from my point of view I think it's a good idea because I've played this game so many years now being able to lvl chars quickly is a big help  👍. 

It's been a great event and thanks for extending it...it's helped me lvl a few chars to ult.

Awesome stuff.  Quicker access to the end game will certainly help new players.

The 1x exp command could still be handy in some circumstances (specifically for that mini event I told you about before :P)

I traded my Falz Buster to Bee for a state/maintenance at some point iirc... rip 

Reckon I'll get more use out of a good statted Eternal Night though so it's all good :D

The 5x EXP at all times (and possible leveling curve for lower levels) is something that characters below Ultimate will appreciate for sure!

I'm disappointed to see Dark Falz Buster (a non-event original weapon to the server) being removed from the drop table. I understand the intention of wanting to add Skyfall and Eternal Night to the drop table (which is great!) and needing to remove two drops to make this happen.

Instead of removing both drops for Dark Falz Buster, I feel like removing 1 of the 3 Red Ring drops and 1 of the 2 Dark Falz Buster (or DF Shield) drops would have accomplished adding both new weapons while retaining Dark Falz Buster as a drop as well.

My opinion about the drops:

I think there is no need to remove any drops from monster. There are still a ton of monsters/Ids which still have some mobs who drops Items no one looks at. or even don't have a drop.

example: Rika's Claw

drops from: purple Epsilon, oran Deldepth, white Delbiter

i never saw anyone using Rika's Claw and i think people enjoy it more to see such double/triple/quad drops being removed instead of a weapon which was literally nice to use and a lot of people used :P

so why not adding christmas spirit or skyfall on another enemy? like Del-D ep2? or gran sorcer ep2 instead of skyly, pinkal, white? :P

Well, it's definitely not the case that we ran out of drop slots. There's still so much garbage drops as well as drops with ridiculous high rate (yellowboze PSYCHO WAND 
1/233100,23 for example). So we could go on for a good while.

The reason we did this is that Dark Falz Buster was going to be removed anyway for reasons. So we were just left with two empty slots, and conveniently filled those with Skyfall and Eternal Night.

DF shield should definitely be a contender for future replacement given that FTD is a fairly regular legendary crate drop.  I doubt many people will make one the traditional way.

23 hours ago, Shisui said:

i never saw anyone using Rika's Claw

Rika's Claw is okay for use for Vol Opt 1 Gizonde trick if a player doesn't have any higher ATP weapons, but the main use for Rika's Claw is to ledge drop in Seabed as a male Hunter/Ranger character.

23 hours ago, Magictrick said:

Dark Falz Buster was going to be removed anyway for reasons

Does this mean those who currently have Dark Falz Buster can use for now but later on the weapon will be entirely removed from the game so no one will have one? If so, I'm fine with that.

15 hours ago, JanenbaDMS said:

I doubt many people will make one the traditional way.

Claire's Deal is broken anyhow. After you attempt to trade in items for a specific item from the NPC, it will not be added to your inventory. Thus, all items you attempted to trade in will be deleted and you get nothing in return.

Edited by NDW

Don't forget to apply the change on the main page too https://playpso.net/ 

For the "Beginner friendly" part, to write x5/x10 instead of x3/x5 ;)

The more the people knows, the more they'll come (or something like that, you get the point)

On 19-1-2018 at 6:14 PM, Misombre said:

Don't forget to apply the change on the main page too https://playpso.net/ 

For the "Beginner friendly" part, to write x5/x10 instead of x3/x5 ;)

The more the people knows, the more they'll come (or something like that, you get the point)

Done! thanks for the heads-up. :)

On 19-1-2018 at 10:59 AM, NDW said:

Does this mean those who currently have Dark Falz Buster can use for now but later on the weapon will be entirely removed from the game so no one will have one? If so, I'm fine with that.

Nah, I don't like removing items from the game people spent time to get (unless it's severely bugged or causing issues or something). So the people that currently have one can keep using and trading them. It's just unobtainable from now on so see it as a collector's type of thing. It's not like it's an essential item as well (we still got mitsunari which is much more effective)

We removed it from the drop-tables now mainly because it's going to be obsolete due to a new item in a later update. *wink wink*

On another note: XPBoost is changed as well, now boosts XP to x10 for 3 hours.