Thegmk

How Original is PSO?

Not very.

EDIT: 

Guys, I LOVE pso. It's probably my favorite story / environment / etc.

It was just a joke that a silver blade is just called "Silver Blade" but in another language haha.

Relax. :) 

image.png.399168810cb00d5e1f7a85b756794d94.png

Edited by Thegmk

Mille Marteaux  = Thousand Hammers

Rage de feu = Fire's Rage

Cannon Rouge = Red Cannon

That's all for the french lesson

Rage de feu is more like "Rage of fire" since it's not the fire that is enraged

@Thegmk Also how original do you expect a game to be ? I mean, PSO does have some parts of originality (I'd argue the story is, but... again, not completely), and then you still need people to have some references, landmarks because you're more likely to hit a bigger audience. Clearly, lightsaber are not something that was invented with PSO, nor are laser beam and a lot of other things. At the end of the day, the developer had to fill up the game with enough content to make it playable. Did they lack of imagination ? Certainly. But they did also lack time, perhaps ressources too (I have no clue regarding this)... and there were more serious issues to be fixed in the game than naming items in a classy way ^.^

I think what's make PSO remarquable is the result, all those things put up together (story, gameplay, ambiance, items, etc.). Now, do you guys play because it's original ? I don't Ð:

chambertin_vin.thumb.jpg.db2318da4fbd7864b9d4e2ef3c289ee8.jpg    kondrieu_vin.thumb.jpg.bebb7beaf18394bdd25c3ecea74603f7.jpg     saint_million_vin.jpg.a6fd46689d4dda55e00c71cfda25c823.jpgpouilly-fuisse-vignes-romanes-vin-blanc-2010.thumb.jpg.146df0afd3226376cfd6d53d4fb28656.jpg

Shambertin, Kondrieu, Saint Milion and Pouilly : french wines

Edited by Yskialuw

Guys, I LOVE pso. It's probably my favorite story / environment / etc.

It was just a joke that a silver blade is just called "Silver Blade" but in another language haha.

Relax. :) 

@Thegmk There is no tension, don't worry ^^

It' s just that the title of your topic call upon discussion, and as such, I discussed PSO originality ;)

I actually often wonder about the origin of certain monsters, like booma or Girtablulu; what could the creators think when they put that up ? What inspired them ?

I would be fun to have some reports of the brainstorm/development meeting for certain games, I bet some of them were hilarious!

As for "Lame d'Argent", I can almost imagine it myself :

Guy 1: So it's basically a silver blade and...
Guy 2: I have an idea! Let's call it "Silver blade"!
Guy 1: Hum... isn't it a little too... obvious?
Guy 3: Hey, Excalibur sounds french to me, we should just use the translation of silver blade into french!
Guy 1: But... Excalibur is not french!
Guy 2: Who cares, it's a damn silver blade, we're not gonna call it "Urchin blade" are we?

Sounds dumb isn't it ? Well I can assure you that some brainstorm are even dumber than this ^^

There's only one thing that's ever really stuck out to me.  The noise Mericarol/Merikle/Mericus make while you fight them is reused from the demon dog things from the original House of The Dead :P

The real question is "how original is Destiny?"

>_>

(referring to the Bungie game not this server)

I'm sure plenty people have seen this post before but I'll leave it here anyway :P

Ax3XiBX.thumb.jpg.5aed4167f257f3f09e48cb687e6c2d8e.jpg

On 28.10.2017 at 11:46 AM, JanenbaDMS said:

House of The Dead

The poison Lilly laughing sound is also used in the house of the dead for the first boss fight

On 29.10.2017 at 2:36 AM, JanenbaDMS said:

The real question is "how original is Destiny?"

>_>

(referring to the Bungie game not this server)

I'm sure plenty people have seen this post before but I'll leave it here anyway :P

Ax3XiBX.thumb.jpg.5aed4167f257f3f09e48cb687e6c2d8e.jpg

I played both, destiny 2 and psobb alot. Its a shame that i realize these similarities just now