Muckbeast

Muckbeast - Super Happy to be here!

PSO has been one of my favorite games for 20+ years now. My wife and I bought 2 Dreamcasts so we could play on Dialup internet access with 2 phone lines! Then later it was the Gamecube with a janky ethernet adapter that was super hard to find in the US. And then later on the PC. Before now, my most recent PC playtime was 2016 where I just ran my own server for my family.

I am soooooooooooooo glad I decided NOT to run my own server this time and instead found DESTINY. I love the server configs and the custom content. There is so much cool stuff that you all have done here!

A bit about me: I am a professional game developer with 30+ years in the business. My biggest accomplishment is inventing the F2P/microtransaction business model (if you hate it, sorry - it doesn't have to be lame and abusive. It can be done well and ethically!) - first on BBSes in 1991 and then in my first internet game, Threshold, that is still in operation today (dev began in 1993, open to public 1996). 2 years ago I also started teaching game design as a college professor and I've really loved it. My entire family are hardcode gamers.

As a game dev I am really impressed by what you all have done here. Also, the community has been wonderful to me. I am really glad I found this place and made the decision to jump in here to play PSO this time!

My characters currently:

• Cambios - HUmar
  • Snarlax - HUcast
  • Aloy - RAmarl
  • Ultron - RAcast

I will probably make some FO- characters and perhaps mules on a 2nd account. 

Thank you for making me feel so welcome!

Edited by Muckbeast

Welcome again Muckbeast, glad we got a few of your toons leveled. We'll get ya going even better and we can start grinding for end game gear together.

21 hours ago, Piv said:

Welcome! :)

21 hours ago, Howitzer said:

Welcome!

17 hours ago, TheWhiiteWolf said:

Welcome again Muckbeast, glad we got a few of your toons leveled. We'll get ya going even better and we can start grinding for end game gear together.

14 hours ago, Tohru said:

Great Muckbeast, and welcome!

Thank you all so much (and you too Shiva, but I didn't want to quote the big image).

Yes WhiteWolf! You all have been incredibly helpful! I don't know everyone's names here vs. Discord vs. in game, but I guess I will learn them eventually. :)